Date:      Sun, 4 May 2003 22:51:01 -0700
From:      Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
To:        hubs@FreeBSD.org, openbsd-mirrors@list.rt.fm
Subject:   cvsup12.freebsd.org/cvsup.usa.openbsd.org upgraded

Hello,

As some of you might know, cvsup12.freebsd.org/cvsup.usa.openbsd.org,
the CVSup server that I maintain at Purdue University as a service
of the Purdue Computer Society (http://csociety.org/cvsup.html),
has been upgraded.  The server was down from ~ 1-April-2003 until
~ 26-April-2003, mostly due to haggling over hardware.  The old
machine had been in operation since 20 November 2000.

Old machine:
K6-2 450MHz, 128MB RAM, 15GB Quantum Fireball IDE drive, Debian Linux

New machine:
Athlon XP 1800+, 1GB DDR266 RAM, old drive (root filesystems) +
2 x 18.4GB Maxtor Atlas 10K III U160 disk (one for each repo),
LSI Logic / Symbios 53C1010 Ultra160 SCSI controller, FreeBSD.

I have also added experimental support for AnonCVS via IPv6 in
addition to CVSync.  We are connected to the 6bone via
6bone.merit.edu.  Hopefully in <= 3 years we will be on an IPv6
production network.  Hopefully sooner than that.  :)

See the following page for more information on what is available
on the server:

http://csociety.org/cvsup.html

I will be attempting to increase the maximum load on the server.
Probably will increase from 10 cvsup connections (old server) to
20-30 plus ~10 for the miscellaneous services.

Funding for the upgrade was provided by a member of the FreeBSD
user community.  I will add him to the FreeBSD donors list later.
Thanks for making this possible!

Regards,
--
wca