Date:      Sun, 6 Apr 2003 17:04:51 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Markus Dolze <sm4tnp8@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bugs in isdnmonitor?

Hello!

I am writing a Java-based program to monitor and control isdnd. Some work
has already be done, monitoring the connection (listing connections and bytes
in/out, event notification etc). I ran in several problems which are also
reproducable using the native isdnmonitor.

1.
In the message I4B_MON_ICTRL_CODE is the number of channels of the
controller encoded. This is always 0 (zero). I have seen this using ethereal, too.

2.
After hang up of a connection the client receives no I4B_MON_DISCONNECT_CODE
message. That means the connection data is not removed in the monitoring
client.

3.
After dialing out after a hang up, an already connected client receives no
I4B_MON_CONNECT_CODE message. That means the client get no info about the new
connection. This does not happen if the monitoring client conncts after a
establishing a dial out connection.

4.
When trying to implement the "dump rights" message i discovered the
following in isdnmonitor/monitor.h:
I4B_MON_DRINI_CODE = 2
I4B_MON_IDEV_CODE = 2
Two messages with the same event code?

Background information:
FreeBSD arwen.xxx 4.8-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE #23: Thu Apr  3 00:54:17
CEST 2003     root@arwen.xxx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ARWEN  i386

Now my questions:
1. To whom can I talk directly to get more information about that? Who
maintains the i4b part?
2. Can someone confirm this?
3. Should I file an offical bug? Can I do this at all?

Thank you