Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:07:37 -0500
From:      Ryan Younce <ryany@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-standards@freebsd.org
Subject:   math.h: first run

This is a first-go attempt at reorganizing math.h to include C99 and
POSIX 2001 additions.

The file was rather tricky (or at least to somebody who wasn't well
versed with *_SOURCE -> *_VISIBLE transitions), so I welcome any
corrections, suggestions, recommendations, opinions,
etc...especially with regards to the preprocessor condition
logic.

Most of the BSD functions not appearing under
the_ANSI_SOURCE or_POSIX_SOURCE conditions (which assumed non POSIX and
non C89 functions) were moved into

	__BSD_VISIBLE or__ISO_C_VISIBLE >= 1999

if C99 supported them.  The rest were lumped under__BSD_VISIBLE,
except for XSI extensions, which were lumped under

	__XSI_VISIBLE ||__POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 200112 || __BSD_VISIBLE

isinf() and isnan() are still declared under the __BSD_VISIBLE or
__ISO_C_VISIBLE >= 1999 conditions but they need reimplementing as
macros per C99.  All new function prototypes are commented, as well as
the macros that are likely MD.

(In reordering this file, however, a number of the comments grouped over
particular functions ("BSD Math Library entry points" comes to mind)
were lost.  If they are important, I can put them back in, with likely
redundancy due to the ordering).

The file is located at:

	http://www.tribug.org/~ryan/freebsd.math.h

Ryan Younce