Date:      Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:55:19 +0300
From:      Panagiotis Astithas <past@ebs.gr>
To:        vova@fbsd.ru
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [RFC] rc.d integration for the bluetooth subsystem

Vladimir Grebenschikov wrote:
> В вс, 16/10/2005 в 02:44 +0300, Panagiotis Astithas пишет:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I've been playing with integrating the bluetooth subsystem into our rc.d
>>  infrastructure and I'd like to submit the results of my efforts for
>>review. My testing has been centered around my USB bluetooth dongle and
>>I know that it works, but I suppose other bluetooth devices should work
>>as well. I have taken the existing rc.bluetooth script (that is not
>>installed by default) and converted it to rc.d, renaming it as
>>'bluetooth'. I also added a couple of other scripts for hcsecd and sdpd,
>>that are started from bluetooth, but can also function independently, id
>>so desired. Finally I have added a devd configuration file that makes
>>sure the bluetooth script gets started on insertion and removal of the
>>USB dongle.
>>
>>With these changes, when I plug in my USB bluetooth dongle, all the
>>necessary initialization happens behind the scenes and I can start using
>>my bluetooth peripherals right away. When I unplug the dongle all the
>>services stop and the necessary shutdown operations are performed on the
>>bluetooth stack. There is still some work left, like specifying
>>different flags for sdpd & hcsecd, but the defaults work fine.
>>
>>In order to test this stuff you have to:
>>
>>- copy bluetooth, hcsecd and sdpd into /etc/rc.d
>>- copy ubt.conf into /usr/local/etc/devd (creating it if necessary), or
>>add its contents to /etc/devd.conf
>>- add a line in /etc/rc.conf with:
>>   bluetooth_enable="YES"
>>
>>In an eventual merge into the base system the devd configuration should
>>be merged into /etc/devd.conf and /etc/defaults/rc.conf should contain
>>the following line instead:
>>   bluetooth_enable="NO"
>>
>>I'd appreciate any comments you may have.
>

> Great ! It just works, Thank you.
>
> I've added bthidd script (in attachment) to start human interface daemon
> (bt mouse in my case).
>
> Probably it should load vkbd module, but I am not sure now.

Thanks, I don't have a HID device so I forgot all about them. Minor nits:
- the rcvar line is not necessary if you don't have/need a
bthidd_enable="YES" in rc.conf
- bthidd shoud probably REQUIRE: hcsecd, since I suppose the
communication wouldn't have been established without authentication

Thanks again,

Panagiotis