Date:      Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:19:23 -0800
From:      "Loren M. Lang" <lorenl@alzatex.com>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB Mouse detected as a generic hid device.

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

I have a Wireless USB Keyboard/Mouse Combo from Compaq.  The actual id
string says G Tech China USB Wireless mouse and keyboard.  The keyboard
is detected and works fine minus all of the extra multimedia keys, but
the mouse doesn't work at all.  The mouse is captured by the uhid driver
and not the ums driver.  I'd like to fix this, if possible, and send a
patch in.  The first thing I think I should do is look at the raw hid
descriptor table and see what's different about it.  Under windows xp,
no special drivers were needed so I'm expecting it to not be too
difficult from a regular usb mouse.  What tools are available for
extracting the raw descriptor tables from the usb device including all
of the standard descriptors?  I'd like something that can easily report
as much detail as usbview for linux does, plus descriptors specific for
hid devices.
--=20
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.
Bluescreen leads to downtime.
Downtime leads to suffering.
NT is the path to the darkside.
Powerful Unix is.

Fingerprint: CEE1 AAE2 F66C 59B5 34CA  C415 6D35 E847 0118 A3D2
=20

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8--