Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 2006 20:29:25 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: config files

--0-893933849-1142195365=:6674

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:

> i do not like this idea. having one huge config file for every possible
> bluetooth application seems like a bad thing to me. i agree, parser code can
> be moved in libbluetooth (or whatever), but config files should stay separate.

well, yes - one massive file could be bad though not sure how many remote
bluetooth devices would be in it anyway?

Its just that to add a mouse to the system, I needed to enter details in 3
files (and, details are held in two more) which could be considered a bit
much just for a mouse :)

vaguely related to this, would the attached patch work to reload
bthidd.conf on SIGHUP? It seems that it should, though I'm not sure if the
fact that the new_device field is set would be an issue (maybe not, if the
session already exists?)

iain
--0-893933849-1142195365=:6674
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--0-893933849-1142195365=:6674--