Date:      Sun, 1 Jan 2006 16:49:36 +1100 (EST)
From:      Dave Horsfall <dave@horsfall.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Caching CVSUP

Laptop running 5.3 connecting to Internet via server running 4.11 (both to
be upgraded to their next respective major releases soon).

Is it possible for the laptop to use the server as a CVSUP cache, somehow?
That is, check with the server first, and if not found then get the new
port whilst refreshing the server at the same time.  I'm thinking that the
server would do a CVSUP each night (or whenever).

The idea is that I don't want the pair of them to be doing their own
independant CVSUPs.

I can't simply NFS-mount /usr/ports because of the differing releases, and
likewise I can't quite see how [union]mounting /usr/ports/distfiles could
help, either.

Any ideas?

-- Dave