Date:      Sun, 5 Feb 2006 16:30:18 GMT
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        openoffice@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/92737 : editors/openoffice.org-2.0 build failure

The following reply was made to PR ports/92737; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To: "Alexander V. Ribchansky" <triosoft@triosoft.com.ua>
Cc: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 17:26:27 +0100

 Hi,

 On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 04:52:19PM +0100, Stijn Hoop wrote:
 > On Sat, Feb 04, 2006 at 07:00:00PM +0200, Alexander V. Ribchansky wrote:
 > > I meet error such yours when there was NOT ENOUGH DISK SPACE :o)
 > > So check it out with df -h!
 > >
 > > sorry, if it is not useful..
 >
 > Thanks for the suggestion! WRKDIR has enough space, but /var/tmp might
 > not have had enough:
 >
 > [stijn@pcwin002] <~> df -h /local/freebsd/work /var/tmp
 > Filesystem             Size    Used   Avail Capacity  Mounted on
 > /dev/ad0s1f             30G     13G     14G    48%    /local
 > /dev/ad0s1d            248M     78M    149M    34%    /var
 >
 > Is /var/tmp involved in the build in any way? Can I redirect usage to
 > /local somehow, preferably without symlinking?

 I just tried this, to make sure disk space wasn't an issue; I symlinked
 /var/tmp to /local/tmp which should have enough space. I ran the build
 again, while monitoring free disk space:

 [stijn@pcwin002] </local/tmp> sudo du -sh . && sudo df -h /local /var /tmp /usr
 2.0K    .
 Filesystem             Size    Used   Avail Capacity  Mounted on
 /dev/ad0s1f             30G     13G     14G    48%    /local
 /dev/ad0s1d            248M     79M    149M    35%    /var
 /dev/md0               248M     36K    228M     0%    /tmp
 /dev/ad0s1e            4.8G    1.9G    2.6G    42%    /usr

 The output never differed much from the above, and certainly none of the
 filesystems ran out of disk space. It doesn't seem like /var/tmp is
 used in the build (imho it shouldn't be, but it was a guess).

 --Stijn

 --
 The problem is that there are several people in design positions now who
 couldn't design the Next Big Thing(TM) unless it involved them taking a