Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2006 12:36:07 +0200
From:      Olli Hauer <ohauer@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PFW

David J. Hall schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using pfw to provide config for pf.  This question may be slightly
> in the wrong place but - how do I go about running apache in non
> chrooted mode on freebsd?
>
> And has anyone else used pfw / comments?
>
> Cheers,
>

> David J A Hall
> Technical Sales Manager
>
> Telephone 1300 SUBLIME
> Fax 1300 858 877
> Sublime//IP <http://www.sublimeip.com/>;

On FreeBSD apache runs default non chrooted.
Depend of the apache version you will find the following in the default
configuraton.

apache-1.3:

  <Directory />
    Option FollowSymlinks
    AllowOverride None
  <Directory>

apache-2.0.xx:

  <Directory />
    AllowOverride None
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from all
  <Directory>

If your pwf resides in '/usr/local/www/pfw' you have to configure a
seperate directive.

sample directive: (access provide via ssh+portforwaring)

  Alias /pfw/ "/usr/local/www/pfw/web/"
  <Directory "/usr/local/www/pfw/web">
    AllowOverride None
    Order Deny,Allow
    Allow from 127.0.0.1
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
    DirectoryIndex index.php
  </Directory>

I use pfw on a soekris with OpenBSD and 2 apache installations
(one chrooted and one non chrooted Listen only at 127.0.0.1)

The /var/log/http-error.log is your friend

Cheers,

olli