Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 2006 01:08:49 +0100 (MET)
From:      Karl Sinn <news@budostore.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Configuration of Grub?

Hi,

Am Samstag, 9. Dezember 2006 23:19 schrieb David Stanford:
> title FreeBSD
>         root (hd1,0,a)
>         kernel /boot/loader

This worked.

But I have to say, I don't know why.
It is the third harddisk in the system, and it's definitifly the slave on the
second IDE-port.

During the installation I had to identify the disk with ad3.

How can grub mix the harddisks up and set this one to hd1?
Is there any logic behind?

Anyway I already have the next problem: How to start KDE
But I'll check the Handbook first and start a new thread if I don't manage.

Thanks for all the help and information
Karl