Date:      Sun, 06 May 2007 13:10:13 -0400
From:      Francisco Reyes <lists@stringsutils.com>
To:        Tuc at =?ISO-8859-1?Q?T-B-O-H=2ENET?= <ml@t-b-o-h.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: All I want is a decent server!

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET writes:

>I'm having a heck of a time trying to find somewhere
> responsible and responsive to buy a server from. It shouldn't be
> a major deal, but it does seem to be.

Catching up with my lists.
Although this may be too late to help the original poster, where I work we
buy our servers from Ixsystems.
http://ixsystems.com

They are very involved with the BSD community and a few months ago bought
PCBSD.

Price wise they are not cheap. Most of their server are over 2K.. even for
their "low end setup". So if you are looking for a budget server under 2K
they are not it.

If you are looking for a server over 2K.. then they are worth
considering.

Excellent knowledge of what works with FreeBSD (and likely other BSDs).
We get our servers from them ready to go. With FreeBSD installed, disks/RAID
setup and network configured to our specifications.