Date:      Mon, 07 May 2007 17:10:37 +0100
From:      "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms@incunabulum.net>
To:        freebsd-mips@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Broadcom MIPS progress

Today's news.

My checkout of mips2 has been hacked to use CFE for probing memory
regions and console i/o instead of uart(4). This now works. The CFE
arena is preserved by FreeBSD on boot, and the correct amount of onboard
memory is detected.

The reason I stopped using uart(4) is because the backplane bus will
occupy the entire region on nexus for itself -- Siba is going to need
that region to allocate rman regions for uart as a child device.

I will most likely try porting the SiliconBackplane bus enumeration
that's in bleeding-edge brcm support for Linux 2.6, which is much
cleaner than the Broadcom code floating around, not to mention closer to
NEWBUS in architecture.

Regards,
BMS