Date:      Sat, 2 Jan 2010 01:10:04 GMT
From:      brian <peispud@eastlink.ca>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/126666: [boot] [hang] boot failure for nForce 630i / GeForce 7100 mainboards

The following reply was made to PR i386/126666; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: brian <peispud@eastlink.ca>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, peispud@msn.com
Subject: Re: i386/126666: [boot] [hang] boot failure for nForce 630i / GeForce
 7100 mainboards
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 20:30:04 -0400

  I have listed more detailed system specs on PCF-BSD's mailing lists at
 http://lists.pcbsd.org/pipermail/testing/2009-December/003167.html .
 This bug ( for rather common nvidia and Acer hardware that has been on
 the market for ages ) is now 16 months old. Is there some hope of a fix?
 Should I  just install Linux over the partition in question? By the way
 Linux has no problem with my hardware - each and every version I have
 thrown it's way for the last two years. Do you people actually get users
 outside of your own small tech community to test the OS ? Not many
 people use FreeBSD and the answer is not quite as condescendingly simple
 as you might wish for. The answer is simply that FreeBSD has vile,
 bottom of the barrel hardware support.