Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2013 17:30:20 +0400
From:      freebsd@tern.ru
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   old perl vulnerabilitiy

Hello Freebsd-security,

I've got portaudit alarm on perl-5.8.9_7 with regard to

perl -- denial of service via algorithmic complexity attack on hashing routines.
Reference: http://portaudit.FreeBSD.org/68c1f75b-8824-11e2-9996-c48508086173.html

But on the other server I have perl-threaded-5.8.9_7
and portaudit thinks that it is OK (no problem)

Is it correct?
It seems to me that threaded perl also should have the same problem.

Please advise.

PS.  I  know  that  it  is  old  and "unsupported" but I don't want to
  upgrade   without  serious  reason.  And, any way, the "behavior" of
  portaudit seems to me not correct.

With best regards,
Alexandre Krasnov.