Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:16:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        arnee <arnee@geocities.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, Gerald Abshez <gerald@manhattanprojects.com>
Subject:   Re: ...(file transfer crashes system) ethernet driver or IP stack bug?

:>     Hmm.  If possible I would try backing away from the ata driver entirely
:>     and going back to the 'wd' driver.  This isn't to say that the ata
:>     driver is the problem, but it *could* be the problem.   A number of peopl
:    e
:>     have had problems with the ata driver.  There isn't anything else in your
:>     config that strikes a chord... the rest of it looks ok to me.
:
:Not possible. the wd driver doesn't support the Promise ATA-66 controllers
:that he is using.
:
:Cheers,
:-Peter

    Fubar.  The crashes are occuring all over the place -- ip_input,
    ffs_blkfree, ip_output.  Maybe it's a BIOS configuration problem...
    perhaps the ram is configured to be too fast or something like that.
    I don't know.  This has all the earmarks of overclocking or a memory
    problem.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>