Date:      Thu, 2 Apr 1998 13:44:17 +0200 (MDT)
From:      Matthias.Apitz@SOFTCON.de
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3c589D and pccard support in FreeBSD 2.2.5

Nate Williams wrote:

    So, the interrupt routine isn't getting called.  This is definitely a
    sign.  Can you see if the interrupt routine is called at all?

    > So the problem isn't in user-land (e.g. routing or ARP or DNS),
    > it's in kernel-land. Is there someone who is "in charge" for
    > that driver code or someone who can offer the internal programmers
    > manual for that card (3C589D)? Thx.

    I don't have one, but I can tell with certain assurance that the
    driver/software works on dozens of laptops, if not hundreds right now.

    I'd like into the interrupt generation code in the PCIC controller.  I'm
    about 99.9% sure it's not and issue with if_ep.c, but probably in
    /sys/pccard.  Somehow your controller is not getting correctly
    programmed to generate interrupts for the card, hence the reason you're
    not getting them.

    (This is assuming you're using the PCCARD code.)

I checked the code in /usr/src/sys/pccard/  i82365.h and pcic.c
and found that there is support in 2.2.5-PAO for an O2Micro chip
with PCI device ID 0x673a1217. My chip is an O2Micro too but
with another chipset and the PCI device ID is 0x68321217 (only the
vendor ID 1217 is the same). I pulled a 60 page manual of the
O2Micro 6832 from the web pages of the company.

In your first response you mentioned that the O2Micro 6832
is supported out of the box in 2.2.6-RELEASE. May I ask you
for a copy of the files i82365.h and pcic.c of 2.2.6 to
check and compare it before dig into the registers of the chip?
At the moment I don't have access to 2.2.6 CD-ROM's here.

Thanks in advance.

	matthias

--
firm: matthias.apitz@sisis.de [voc:+49-89-61308-351, fax: +49-89-61308-188]
priv: guru@thias.muc.de

from USENET:
People who run servers understand that flashy interactive interfaces have
nothing to do with the underlying functionality and often get in the way.