Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 1998 22:07:09 -0000
From:      "Paul Fletcher" <Paul@FreeBSD.co.uk>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Boot Sector

I have a bit of a problem,
Im new to FreeBSD and what I wanted to do was to install ver. 2.2.6
alongside win95 so that i could have the option of booting either 95 or BSD
at startup. The installation went OK but whatever I tried, I couldn't boot
BSD at all. When i typed in "0:wd(1,b)kernel" i kept getting the error
message "error: c: 432129 >1023 (Bios limit)".
So i read the manual and lo and behold it told me that my bios needs the
root file system to end before cylinder 1024 otherewise everything will go
OK but it wont boot.
How do I do this?, even if you could just point me in the right direction I
would be gratefull, I need something more exciting than win95, It is
sickeningly user friendly, but non_the_less necessary due to college using
windows and most of my friends......

Thanks A Lot

Paul