Date:      Sat, 6 Jan 1996 16:56:58 +0000 ()
From:      "Gestur A. Grjetarsson" <gestur@islandia.is>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        admin@islandia.is
Subject:   users - groups

Hello,

My system here has exceeded the 150 registered users with
account.

There is one problem I seem to be facing, and it's conserning
max. users in one group, there seems to be, after I've added
approx 150 users to the user group, after 150 counts, the group
seems to be "full"

Is this some default in FreeBSD to allow only max 150 users
in one group, or can I configure my system to allow more users,
when I started to adduser to my system, I made new group, in
/etc/group
,, the line for that group is:

user:*:40:
I made this group manually, just edited /etc/group and added the
group with this group id, as I started to adduser,, I found out
that users in this group have no access to superuser, cannot use "su"

Is there anyone who has some info on the group, is there any way for
me to allow group to register more than 150 max users, without having
to add new group for each 150 user count ??

Thanks in advance,,

  Med kvedju
  Sincerely

  Gestur A. Grjetarsson           gestur@islandia.is
  kerfisstjori islandia.is      sysadmin islandia.is

          http://www.islandia.is/~gestur
        http://www.islandia.is/misc/skvopn

  There are only three kind of people in the world !
  Those who know how to count, and those who don't !
 Programmers never die they just GOSUB without RETURN