Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 100 20:44:11 +0000
From:      mattb@mail.insync.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   snd0

getting some errors here  have pcm compiled in my kernel and did a make /dev/snd0 as root.
 still no sound.  snd0 does not even come up in dmesg.

also,  when i shut down X  (using enlightenment and the X server that came with the 4.1
cd's)  i get the following:

Gdk-Warning **: locale not supported by C library
Gdk-Warning **: locale not supported by C library

Gtk-Warning **: gtk_signal_disconnect_by_data ():could not find handler containing data
(0x814A00)

as a regular user when I try  'startx'  i get

Fatal Server Error:
xf860open console: Server must be run with root permissions.  Should be using Xwrapper.
pid 250 (sound properties), uid 0:exited on signal 6 (core dumped)

when i reboot and the kernel loads i get the following message:

local package initialization xinetd[204] : open (/etc/xinetd.conf) failed:no such file or
directory (errno=2)
xinetd [204]: {init_services} couldn't get confiduration.
Exit xinetd.

----thank you for any insight.  sorry if this is not wrapped right, as i am  using  work
email via the web.

Matt