Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 22:20:49 +1000
From:      "Christopher Smith" <drsmithy@usa.net>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Dual Ppro motherboards

I've always wanted to have an SMP system and having noticed recently a
lot of Ppro/200s (some with 512k cache) going on ebay for around the
$50US mark, I'm seriously considering making myself up an SMP FreeBSD
Box.

Anyway, one of the things holding me back is the potential cost of
fitting out a Dual PPro board with 128MB+ of EDO SIMMs.  I figured
there's probably quite a few guys on these lists who have dealt with
this sort of hardware in the past, so I was wondering if anyone knows:

Were there any Ppro boards made that supported SDRAM (ie DIMMs) ?
I believe riser cards are available to convert Socket 8 CPUs to Slot 1 -
does anyone have any experience with them ?

Cheers,
CS

--
"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's
too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that