Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2006 15:52:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      backyard <backyard1454-bsd@yahoo.com>
To:        Bill-S <bill@wiliweld.com>, "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: solaris

--- Bill-S <bill@wiliweld.com> wrote:

> At Mon, 4 Sep 2006 it looks like Chad Leigh --
> Shire.Net LLC composed:

> existing partition.
> > >
> > > I remember one of the FBSD's (a RC, but still)
> destroying my partition
> > > table. That's the reason I ask. I know that I
> don't have to use the main
> > > option (that's for the whole disk). But if there
> are no problems know of
> > > with the sol installer, than I'm a little less
> worried. I have no space
> > > backup my XP and FBSD disk parts (at the
> moment).
> > >

> > btw there is a Solaris X86 mail list at
> http://groups.yahoo.com/
> > group/solarisx86/
> >
> > They might be better able to help out in
> determining the danger of installing
> > in your situation.
>
> A second drive of course would somewhat give some
> relief for this
> install.
>
> I have, one a few of my boxes here, a BIOS enabled
> <F8> key for
> selecting which disk to boot off of.  AMI I believe
> is the BIOS
> type.
>

> --

I would recommend the second drive option. I have
attempted installing Solaris 10 on multiple computers
and all if ever seems to do is corrupt the drive on
me. Once I got it to boot up and go into their version
of X windows. After installing the Bonus pack with KDE
and such never turned on again. Very frustrating.

good luck, I've given up until I have a Sun Box to
play with.

-brian