Date:      Wed, 4 Mar 1998 21:21:37 -0500
From:      "Evan Champion" <evanc@synapse.net>
To:        "Matthew Thyer" <Matthew.Thyer@dsto.defence.gov.au>, "Mike Smith" <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>, <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: silo overflows (Was Re: 3.0-RELEASE?)

>This happens a lot as after several hours (2 or 3) of using
>ijppp and XFree86 the count of FIFO overflows can be around 100.

I have a Pentium Pro 200 with 16650's (and the 16650's are detected) and
during a full install of FreeBSD over 128kbps ISDN (230.4kbps port speed) I
would get around 700 FIFO overflows.  Someone would have to do a lot of
convincing to get me to believe the driver is working properly when a
machine like that can't handle a 128kbps datastream in single user mode...

Evan