Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 1997 10:38:19 -0500
From:      Michael Alwan <alwan@rma.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bug in pkg_install with large packages

Jordan:

Any more ideas?  I downloaded /usr-sbin/pkg_install from the stable tree
along with the Makefile and Makefile.inc that you suggested.  "Make all
install" appeared to succeed.  Rebooted, tried again to install xemacs, ran
into same problem with "file dosen't really exist" messages and no files
installed.

Is there a situation in which "file doesn't really exist" is a vaild
message and not a bug?  I wonder, for instance, if I have enough disk space
to install xemacs.  Would this cause the error messages, or would I just
get some kind of partial installation?

Michael