Date:      Wed, 11 May 2005 19:56:36 +0200
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        "Toll, Eric" <etoll@vipstructures.com>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   X11 setup for ATI cards (was Re: Off List email)

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

Reply to the list because your company/ISP bounces mail from the .nl domain.

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 01:27:28PM -0400, Toll, Eric wrote:
> I've still to setup X11..
>=20
> Could you tell me a bit a bout what you added to the kernel to get
> Accelerated OpenGL mode, using your Radeon 9250 card?

The following is necessary in your kernel configuration:

device agp
device radeondrm

You'll also need to install the 'dri' package (/usr/ports/graphics/dri).

>=20
> I have a rather old ATI RAGE 128 agp card, this isn't even the same family
> chipset as yours I suspect.

The rage is an older chip. It should also direct rendering if you have
the following in your kernel configuration (do not remove the quote marks):

device "r128drm"

Roland
--=20
R.F.Smith (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/) Please send e-mail as plain text.