Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 18:31:59 -0500
From:      "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
Cc:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: openssh not setting DISPLAY

On Friday, February 16, 2001 15:23:17 -0800, Kris Kennaway =
<kris@obsecurity.org> wrote:
+-----
| It's not the default because it allows the remote system to snoop your
| X display, and that's not something you might want so we default to
| being secure.
+--->8

That's interesting, since the sshd manpage from openssh says:

             Note that disabling X11 forwarding does not improve secu=AD
             rity in any way, as users can always install their own for=AD
             warders.

-- =
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]   allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]         allbery@ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering                                   KF8NH
carnegie mellon university     ["better check the oblivious first" -ke6sls]