Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 20:40:17 +0100
From:      mdevries@haveityourway.nl
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lotus Domino on BSD?

Yes indeed a lot of hits that's for sure but people get stuck in the setup
or configuration process and especially in staring the domino server.
But the fact is  I never had the change to speak with somebody really
having Domino Lotus Server 5.0.8 working on FreeBSD, so please holla at me
;-) and please give me conf files so I can test on a test server and make a
HOW-TO for the installation because information about this is weak on the
net. Now I'am stuck to Linux, not that i don't like the flavor of red hat
but I want FreeBSD my number 1 OS so badly!

I was to lame to save the kernel panics and just wiped FreeBSD of my HDD
and installed Red Hat to do the job, (yes thats lame).
I was using FreeBSD 4.5, I soon will be again on my test server, and you
will here from me again.

Kind Regards,

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-+: Marcel de Vries
-+: Have IT your way
-+: mailto:mdevries@haveityourway.nl
-+: http://www.haveityourway.nl
-+; http://mdv.dhs.org/freebsd

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

~~The POWER to reach, the FREEDOM to keep  put it on every box and realize
its not two or three, but number one FreeBSD.~~
http://www.freebsd.org

                                           / spoken -=M@r<e|=- /
                                            mdevries@mdv.dhs.org

                    Dan Nelson
                    <dnelson@allant       To:     mdevries@haveityourway.nl
                    group.com>            cc:     questions@FreeBSD.ORG
                    02-04-2002
                    18:03

In the last episode (Apr 02), mdevries@haveityourway.nl said:
> Just a straight question, are there people out there running Lotus
> Domino on (FreeBSD) servers? Because I tried everything that I could
> find on google.com to get Domino running without kernel panic stress.

Do you mean the FreeBSD kernel is panicing?  What version of FreeBSD,
and what is the panic message?

You might want to read the Notes Gold forum at www.notes.net; lots of
hits on "FreeBSD".

> Is the LINUX_COMPAT stable and smart enough to let Domino run? Or is
> it still in a development stage, at the moment I'm running Domino on
> Linux 2.4 kernel (Red Hat 7.2) If Domino runs on FreeBSD will the
> performance be just like linux? and is it stable enough?

LINUX_COMPAT should be stable; it's good enough to run Linux Mozilla
and Oracle, so Domino should work fine too.

--
           Dan Nelson
           dnelson@allantgroup.com