Date:      Thu, 06 Feb 2003 01:11:03 -0700
From:      Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
To:        "Bill Huey (Hui)" <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Cc:        "John L. Utz III" <john@utzweb.net>, John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, bod@freebsdfoundation.org, brian@collab.net, calvin.austin@sun.com, rwatson@freesbsd.org, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, freebsd-java@freebsd.org, Brent Verner <brent@rcfile.org>
Subject:   Re: patchset 2 report (billh's resignation)

Bill Huey (Hui) wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 09:36:39PM -0800, John L. Utz III wrote:
>
> >But, it seems to me that your snapshot of the discussion lacks context:
> >
> >Where's the Request for Proposals?
>

> The funny thing is that they are a non-profit and must make this kind of
> stuff public for whom ever to see.

Can you do us all a favor and look up the legal statutes that dictate
this?  Not the ones that govern bookkeeping, but the ones that declare
that all decisions made by a 501(c)(3) must be open to public comment
and approval.  I know of several good law libraries in your area, so I
doubt it will take you long to look this up.  Thanks!

Scott