Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 17:48:14 +0300
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alexey Zelkin <phantom@ark.cris.net>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Future of SDL (WAS: cvs commit: ports/devel/sdl-devel Makefile  ports/devel/sdl-devel/files patch-ac  patch-src_video_vgl_SDL__vglvideo.c)

Alexey Zelkin wrote:

> hi,
>
> Do you propose to upgrade this port to 1.2.0 ? Or maybe higher
> since their website claims that 1.2.0 is latest stable version.
>
> Just I want to install few SDL applications and don't want to compile
> it with old library

Yes, 1.2.0 is on the way. Actually I'm planning to do major SDL overhaul, which would
include the following steps:

1. Update of devel/sdl-devel to 1.2.0;
2. repo copy from devel/sdl into devel/sdl10;
3. cvs rm devel/sdl;
4. repo copy from devel/sdl-devel into devel/sdl12;
5. either marking devel/sdl-devel as broken or cvs rm'ing it because next development
version will not be released soon (Sam promised major interface redesign, which would take
some time);
6. initialisation of deorbiting burn sequence for devel/sdl10.

From all above steps, only (1) will be performed today, all others will be done upon my
return from my short trip to my hometown Dnepropetrovsk. I'll be back on Monday or Tuesday.

-Maxim