Date:      Sun, 7 Nov 1999 12:55:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@venus.GAIANET.NET>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD with Celeron 266?

Greetings everyone,

	I was wondering does anyone else here have experience running
FreeBSD with a Celeron 266 CPU?  The 266 is the one without the L2 cache
so basically it has no L2 cache at all.  We have it overclocked at 400Mhz
by using 100Mhz FSB.  Anyways, it seems like every once in awhile it would
hang for a few brief moment.  Is this because of the non-existent L2
cache?  The AMD K6-2 400 with 128 megs of RAM blows it away even doing a
make world when this machine has 384 megs of RAM.  The K6-2 400 took 1
hour and 30 minutes to finish the make world while the Celeron 266 CPU
took 3 hours and 30 minutes.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]