Date:      Mon, 4 Mar 2002 20:30:33 -0600 (CST)
From:      hawkeyd@visi.com (D J Hawkey Jr)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I bought your system and am not so happy!

Guys, you know the answers to all this: You are the answers to all this.
So am I. So is Adam and Stuart and Denny. And anyone else who wants FreeBSD
to do something it doesn't. If you've lurked this list for a while, or know
of The BSDs' history, you know that it is what is because of a largely
volunteered effort. You don't have to be a coder, either. See
    http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2002/01/17/Big_Scary_Daemons.html
(I'm that Dave, by the way  :-) ). If you are new to The BSDs, search
Google with something like "csrg freebsd history". I can't put my fingers
on it, but there is a very good article, from the CSRG to the present, out
there somewhere.

Get involved, or otherwise, sit back and enjoy the ride. It'll only get
better. I don't mean to be rude, or tell you what you already know, but
that is where it's at, ya know?

My bad. Let's get back to the charter of this list, shall we?
Dave