Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 2004 20:59:07 -0600
From:      Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Motherboard w/ ECC?

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 03:09:13PM -0600, Micheal Patterson wrote:

> > If ECC is important, any recommendations for a motherboard that supports
> > AMD Athlon + ECC?
>
> I've only got 2 freebsd servers running with ECC ram. Everything else, is
> non ECC. The two that are, are dual 2400+ MP chip mainboards of the Tyan
> Tiger MPX (S2466) variety and are working well.

	I have a Tyan Tiger MPX 2466-4M that has been doing very well
   for over a year now. I use it in a desktop, but it still runs 24
   hours/day, 7 days/week.

	The uptime has been around 90 days, before I twiddle the HW,
   update the software or a prolonged power outage gets to it.

	I have been pleased with the board, and I am using the ECC
   memory in it (2GB).

							Bruce
  "I like bad!"                         Bruce Burden    Austin, TX.
        - Thuganlitha
        The Power and the Prophet
        Robert Don Hughes