Date:      Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:25:56 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        indigo@voda.cz
Cc:        duke@splatterworld.de, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NIC weirdness

In message: <op.st7wx0mu5sheu4@spyro>
            Indigo <indigo@voda.cz> writes:
: On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:10:30 +0200, M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:
:
: > In message: <42D57A44.7070201@splatterworld.de>
: >             Stefan Bauer <duke@splatterworld.de> writes:
: > : Indigo schrieb:
: > :
: > : > the Xircom card should be fully supported ... but when I plug it in
: > : > it  goes nuts:
: > : > pccard0: Allocation failed for cfe 1
: > : > sio4: <Xircom CreditCard Ethernet+Modem 28.8> at port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq
: > : > 11  function 0 config 2 on pccard0
: > : > sio4: type 16450
: > : > sio4: unable to activate interrupt in fast mode - using normal mode
: > : >
: > : whats the output if you detach the xircom card?
: >
: > Up until about a week ago, Xircom cards would always attach as modems
: > when they had modem+nic.  now they attach as NICs and I'm working on
: > the modem attachment...
: >
: > Warner
:
:
: So If I upgrade to RELENG_6 now ... it might just start working?
: We had two Xircom cards at the company - one of them seems to be faulty -
: I might try and play around with both of them soon

No.  RELENG_6 still has the old code, while it is shaking out in
current.   I hope to MFC the current stuff soon.

Warner