Date:      Wed, 6 Jul 2005 23:57:27 +0200
From:      piotr.smyrak@heron.pl
To:        Jeremy Prior <jez@netcraft.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Deer Park (Firefox 1.1)

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 16:00:03 +0100, Jeremy Prior wrote
> What's the easiest way to get a Firefox 1.1 (Deer Park)
>  binary for FreeBSD-5 STABLE?
>
> I know that it's possible to check out a copy of Marcus'
> CVS repository and patch a local CVS repository /
> /usr/ports, but I don't want to have to install a whole
> new Gnome just to get FF1.1.  Is it possible to get and
> build just the new Firefox port in isolation?
>
> Alternatively, has anyone managed to build it on Gnome-
> 2.10 that could ship me a binary?  I'd rather not have to
> use the Windows version to do development... :-)

I think you can just download from marcus cvsweb interface the ports
skeleton (Makefile at al.) and built it yourself as any other
application. Just place it all together in a directory and run the
old good make install clean.

http://www.marcuscom.com:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ports/www/firefox/

HTH,
--