Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 1998 00:51:01 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        leifn@image.dk (Leif Neland)
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ETRN, fixed ip-adress (how to example)

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998 19:25:19 +0200 (CEST), in
sentex.lists.freebsd.misc you wrote:

>So I need a fixed ip-adress to use ETRN to allow our customers servers
>pick up mail.
>
>Does this need to be a public ip-adress, or could this be a private ip
>number like 10.0.0.2 ?
>
>The mail should be sent first to our server, which holds the MX for the
>customers domain.
>
>How do I then arrange the delivery?
>
>I can't put the private ip adress in their official domain; should I have
>a private dns-server too, listing secret domainnames?

We do this here with our customers who have crappy MS Exchange and
SLMail... (If only they knew UUCP... but thats another story.)

We do the following.
1) Setup a the DNS for the customer's domain  so that the MX records
only point to our (the ISP) mailservers, eventually ending up at the
one main mail server. e..g here is  crappymsexchange.com
(the domain names have been changed to protect the innocent :-))
--------------
                IN NS   ns.sentex.ca.
                IN NS   ns2.sentex.ca.
                IN NS   ns2.sentex.net.
                IN MX   10 granite.sentex.ca.
                IN MX   20 marble.sentex.ca.
                IN MX   30 granite-atm.sentex.ca.
                IN A    199.212.134.1
                IN UINFO "Support - +1 519 651-3400"
www	                 IN A    199.212.134.1
;nothing but regular entires except for this next one.
exchange                IN A    192.168.223.1
-------------
20 and 30 just dump mail on granite.sentex.ca where it ends up in
granite's mailqueue

Then, in on granite, setup a sendmail rule to forward to the customer

R$*< @ $* crappymsexchange . com . >$*                        $#smtp
$@ exchange.crappymsexchange.com $: $1<@crappymsexchange.com>$3

You dont 'arrange' delievery.. Instead MSExchange (or SLMAIL), issues
an ETRN crappymsexchange.com and sendmail dequeues the mail to
exchange.crappymsexchange.com

Here is an example RADIUS entry as well...

Pexchuser Password = "UUCPISBETTER!!!"
    User-Service-Type = Framed-User,
    Framed-Protocol = PPP,
    Framed-Address = 192.168.224.1,
    Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
    Framed-Routing = None,
    Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP,
    Framed-MTU = 1500,
    Idle-Timeout = 90

OSPF works quite well with gated to do dynamic routing...

Also, you dont have to have an A and PTR entry for
exchange.crappymsexchange.com
you could just forward via IP address

	---Mike