Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:20:04 -0400
From:      Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XF86-4 and the MS Intellimouse Explorer (USB)

Brandon Fosdick wrote:

> Does anybody have a working config for this that I can steal?
>
> I tried putting
>
>     Option "ZAxisMapping"      "6 7"
>     Option "Buttons"   "7"
>
> in /etc/X11/XF86Config, and
>
> xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 6 7 4 5"
>
> in ~/.xinitrc, but everything goes nuts when i startx. None of the
> buttons work right, and I have to ctrl-alt-backspace to get out.
> Anything special that goes in the kernel config?

I'm replying to my own post...so sue me.

When I posted the above I had the mouse plugged into the USB port on my
Asus K7V. The explorer comes with a usb -> ps2 adapter, so I tried using
that. Everything works fine now, which makes me think that the problem
is in the usb system, either the mboard or fbsd's usb mouse drivers. Any
known issues with the usb stuff? Any way to fix it?

-Brandon