Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:00:11 -0500
From:      Jake Burkholder <jake@locore.ca>
To:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Small update for the list of supported systems

Apparently, On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 08:46:26AM -0800,
	Bruce A. Mah said words to the effect of;

> If memory serves me right, Udo Erdelhoff wrote:
>
> > I have attached a small patch to the release notes for sparc64 that
> > list Netra t1120/1125 and Enterprise 4500 servers as supported
> > systems; it also changes the status of isp(4) cards from 'should
> > work soon' to 'working'.
> >
> > All changes are based on my personal experience (I only used an
> > sbus isp(4) card and did not try the PCI variant, so there is
> > some room for error).
> >
> > Unless there are objection, I'll run this by re@ for inclusion in
> > the releates notes.
>
> On a related note:  I'd still like to see the hardware notes for sparc64
> start to use the generic file (common/dev.sgml) rather than a file
> created especially for sparc64 (sparc64/dev-sparc64.sgml), if that's
> feasible.  Ultimately this will make maintenence of the hardware notes a
> lot easier, but it's not clear to me how well it'll work at this point
> in time.

If I understand correctly everything in there is annotated to indicate
what arch its supported on, so I think this would work fine.  Some sparc64
only stuff would need to be added (hme, gem, sab), but that's all that I
noticed in a quick perusal.  Do either of you want to do this?

Quick question: is it possible to include a file from the doc tree in
the sparc.sgml platform webpage?  I'd like to have a brief list of
systems that are supported there, with a more detailed list in
proc-sparc64.sgml, but would like to avoid listing them twice.

Jake