Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 1997 09:20:53 -0500
From:      Jay Erickson <Jay.Erickson@ibm.net>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Dual boot

--------------7250D3A4AF1A3FAB44437A07

I got a good deal on a compaq proliant 1000. I believe it has a built in NCR
53c710 for the scsi drives. From what I can gather FreeBSD drivers are not
available for this controller. I've been thinking about adding a second
controller (probably adaptec). The second controller does not seen to see the
drives in the hot swap drive bays. :(
Those of you familiar with compaq servers should know what I'm talking about.
Anyway I can mount another 1 gig drive up in there somewhere.
My question is how do I boot this animal into ether side without changing the
eisa configuration between times. The NCR side (DOS/WFW/NT) should be able to
see all drives but on the adaptec disks FreeBSD won't see the other drive.
Well enough rambling TIA
--

Jay Erickson
Jay.Erickson@ibm.net      | Network Error ....  Hit Any User To Continue

begin:          vcard
fn:             Jay Erickson
n:              Erickson;Jay
org:            U.S Air Force
adr:            ;;6202B Dakota Drive;Grand Forks;ND;59204;
email;internet: Jay.Erickson@ibm.net
title:          NetWork Admin
tel;work:       (701) 747-4204
tel;fax:        (701) 747-4792