Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 1996 22:29:23 +1100 (EST)
From:      Carey Nairn <cp_nairn@cc.utas.edu.au>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problem installing 2.1R on Acer Pentium 75

Hi all,

I guess it had to happen some time.  After *many* trouble-free
installations in the past I am now having trouble installing 2.1R on a
pentium 75 Acer machine.  The system boots with the boot.flp and goes
through the normal messages until it has displayed the device probe
messages for PCI bus devices and then just hangs.  I have tried both
atapi.flp and boot.flp with the same results.

The machine configuration is as follows:

Pentium 75 cpu
16 MB RAM
ne2000 ethernet card (detected OK)
sony ATAPI CDROM (detected OK with atapi.flp)
quantum fireball 1222 MB IDE HDD

any help is appreciated

thanks
Carey

Carey Nairn                     ! email : Carey.Nairn@its.utas.edu.au
Networks and Communications     ! phone : (002) 20 7419
Information Technology Services ! fax   : (002) 20 7898
University of Tasmania.         !