Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 1997 07:41:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      Burton Sampley <burton@bsampley.vip.best.com>
To:        Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
Cc:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.com>
Subject:   Re: Still having problems installing cvsup

As an alternative to compiling CVSUP, you can D/L a precompiled version.
The URL is in the handbook.  Just D/L, untar and mv the files to the
correct directory (per the README file) and you're on your way.  It works
great :).  The handbook also shows how to setup a supfile.

Hope this helps.

Burton

On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Stan Brown wrote:

> 	I am still having problems installing cvsup from the ackages sustem.
> 	I have obtained and installed using the -f option both
> 	modula-3-lib-3.6 and modula-3-3.6. The lib package still complains
> 	about old versions of the shared libs being present. Unfortunately I
> 	can't fins any evidence of an old package in /var/db/pkg, so I can't
> 	make pkg_delete remove them. I have used the -f option to pkag_add for
> 	both of these packages, but when I try to install the cvsup package
> 	without the -f optio, I still get the warning about olde versions of
> 	shared libs in  /usr/local/lib/m3/FreeBSD2. I did run ldconfig after
> 	installing the 2 modula packages.
>
> 	At this point in time the system has warned me about this multiple
> 	times, so I am relucatnat to use the -f option on the cvsup package.
>
> 	What should I do?
>
> 	Thanks.
>
> --
> Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955
> Factory Automation Systems
> Atlanta Ga.
> --
> Look, look, see Windows 95.  Buy, lemmings, buy!
> Pay no attention to that cliff ahead...            Henry Spencer
> (c) 1997 Stan Brown.  Redistribution via the Microsoft Network is prohibited.

---
Brought to you by a 100% Micro$oft free system.  You too can disinfect your
system at http://www.freebsd.org

E-Mail:  burton@bsampley.vip.best.com
Alternate E-Mail:  bsampley@haywire.csuhayward.edu
Home Page:  http://www.best.com/~bsampley (permanently under construction)