Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2000 09:45:59 +0800
From:      "Miguel A.L. Paraz" <map@iphil.net>
To:        Stuart Henderson <sthen@naiad.eclipse.net.uk>
Cc:        et-users@etinc.com, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Monitoring the cause of Reboots

On Tue, Feb 22, 2000 at 01:37:37PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> Are you using fxp0 and ncr0 on a BX motherboard?

fxp0 only, not ncr0.  using plain IDE, this is a router with the ETINC
HSSI card.

I think I found it!  Found these:

kernel: Out of mbuf clusters - adjust NMBCLUSTERS or increase maxusers!
kernel: Warning: No memory for Receive

and I'm now recompiling with NMBCLUSTERS=4096

I was tossing in ~2 Mbps through this card until a few days ago, and it
crashed every 3 days or so.  The load went up to ~4 Mbps and it crashes
daily.  Hope this does it...

---m

--
Miguel "Migs" A.L. Paraz			          http://www.iphil.net
Coach + Technologist + Organizer 	    IPhil Communications Network, Inc.