Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 18:39:50 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Ben Gras <ben@nl.euro.net>
To:        danielb@pacex.net (daniel B)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where are the ipfw logs?

All,

 > I thought I will try this again just in case this time someone with clue
 > will see this.
 > I have ipfw configured and running and also have included the 'log'
 > command in my ruleset but I can't seem to find the logged traffic stats
 > anywhere?
 > Where does ipfw log it's stuff?

If you add a "log" keyword to the rule (e.g.
/sbin/ipfw add allow log ip from any to any), ipfw logs the `hit' of the
rule using the regular KERNel syslogging facility; you can specify where
it gets logged in /etc/syslog.conf. By default it probably ends up on the
console and in /var/log/messages.

Regards,

	=Ben