Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 2002 20:35:47 -0800
From:      John Carri <cjcarri@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Subject:   Re: Galeon compile errors, FreeBSD 4.7-release

From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Date: 03 Dec 2002 11:58:16 -0500

>Do a make distclean in the devel/gnomevfs directory, then try to
>rebuild.
----------------------
Thank you for the suggestion, I tried this, unfortunately it didn't fix the
problem:

su
passwd
cd /usr/ports/devel/gnomevfs
make distclean
cd ../../www/galeon
make
>>gnome-vfs-1.0.5.tar.bz2 does not seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/gnome
Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net.....
receiving gnome-vfs-1.0.5.tar.bz2 (781057 bytes): 100%
Checksum mismatch for gnome/gnome-vfs-1.0.5.tar.bz2
Make sure Makefile and distinfo file are up to date
***Error Code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gnomevfs
***Error Code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/www/galeon

Now what?  With my limited current knowledge of FreeBSD, this is stopping me
cold in my tracks. I've read the "ports" section of the FreeBSD handbook but
still don't know what to do...

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

-John Carri