Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 00:43:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Christopher Nielsen <enkhyl@scient.com>
To:        core@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Need some advice about FreeBSD UltraSPARC port

I'm looking for a little guidance on how to handle a situation that has
arisen.

A friend within Sun is offering to make introductions to the appropriate
people to discuss official support from Sun for an UltraSPARC port of
FreeBSD. This could possibly include donated hardware and engineer support
from within Sun. Before I proceed with this, I want to get the opinion of
the core team and everyone else working on the port as to whether I should
pursue this at all.

I'm not sure who (if anyone) from core monitors the freebsd-sparc list, so
I will provide a pseudo status of the port; people on freebsd-sparc,
please feel free to jump in and correct me. At the moment it looks like we
have the toolchain to do cross-compilation from x86 to sparc64-elf with
the beginning of a port of the MD parts of the kernel. It's not much, but
it's definitely a start.

Thanks.

--
Christopher Nielsen