Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 1997 07:24:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      Charles Mott <cmott@snake.srv.net>
To:        matn@onthenet.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ubanle to boot

On Tue, 27 Aug 1996, Mat Naismith wrote:
> Hi..
>
> I have freebsd 2.2.2 installed on partition 1 second drive.
>
> Today i boot my computer only to find that in the Booteasy menu i get
> ???? in the list.. I press enter, it sais no bootable partition. ???

I have FreeBSD installed on the second drive as you do.  What I have found
is that Booteasy needs to be installed on both drives, and during bootup,
it runs twice, first on drive 1 then on drive 2.

I know this is heretical, but I have thought about trying to port LILO
from linux to freebsd.

Charles Mott