Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:15:19 -0500
From:      Jon Noack <noackjr@alumni.rice.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   recursive 'make config'?

I love the 'make config' option.  Is there a way to recursively 'make
config' before installing a port with a lot of dependencies (similar to
the way sysutils/portupgrade can recursively fetch with -RF)?  If I want
to install kde, for example, I'd prefer to configure options for each
dependent port before installing.  In other words, I don't want to set
"BATCH=yes".  However, without "BATCH=yes" I have to check the progress
occasionally to configure some port because the build process stopped.
I know this is only a big deal on the first install (because the options
are saved), but it's rather annoying to start a kde compile before you
go to bed and wake up with only a few ports installed...

Thanks,
Jon Noack