Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 2010 18:40:11 GMT
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/152864: [snd_hda] snd_hda headphone jack detection not working with AD1986A on ASUS M2NPV-VM

The following reply was made to PR kern/152864; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
To: bug-followup@freebsd.org, ted.haining@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: kern/152864: [snd_hda] snd_hda headphone jack detection not working
 with AD1986A on ASUS M2NPV-VM
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 20:35:04 +0200

 Dear bug reporter,

 please report this issue to your system's vendor who provided incorrect pin
 information in BIOS data.  Or just keep happily using the good workaround with
 which you have come up.

 I don't see anything FreeBSD does incorrectly in your case as we do not hardcode
 workarounds for every possible motherboard, BIOS version, etc that provide us with
 incorrect data.

 P.S. It's usually better to discuss issues on the appropriate mailing lists before
 filing a PR.

 --
 Andriy Gapon