Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 2002 22:29:51 -0400
From:      "Brian T. Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        "Bob M." <bmiddaugNOSPAM@sdf.lonestar.org>, Greg Panula <greg.panula@dolaninformation.com>
Cc:        Mario Pranjic <mario.pranjic@irb.hr>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SMP kernel problem

On Friday 09 August 2002 04:28 pm, Bob M. wrote:

|  I also get the "SMP: AP CPU
| #1 Launched! message at the end.
: I'm new to
| FreeBSD, but I figured if I get one boot mesg that looks like it detects
| and launches both cpu's at the beginning and one that says #1 CPU launched
| and never mentions cpu0 something ain't right.  Why would I get that?

The system never launches CPU #0 because of course the first processor has to
*already* be running in order for the system to boot in the first place.

So by the time things are far enough along for it to be possible to print a
message, the first CPU (#0) has already been running for millions of cycles.

                                        http://www.babbleon.org

http://www.eff.org                      http://www.programming-freedom.org