Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:30:29 +0100
From:      "Duncan Barclay" <dmlb@dmlb.org>
To:        "Mark Murray" <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: House pricse in Cambs (was: Semi-offline for a while.)

> > That should be okay out of town. In town you'll get something but maybe
> > in a "bad" location (bad for Cambridge is not really bad at all).
>
> Good to know!
>
> > This is a good accomidation board
> > http://www.brettward.co.uk/canb/
> >
> > There is another that contains all the commercial people, but I don't
> > have the URL - try
> > http://www.gwydir.demon.co.uk/cambridgeuk/

Heard it on the radio on the way to work:
http://cambridgeletting.co.uk/

> > and the essential
> > http://www.bluesplodge.co.uk/cambridge/pubs/
>
> Thanks!
>
> > The choice of location is probably going to be influenced by
> > where you are working and the time you start work - traffic getting
> > into Cambridge in the morning is horrible.
>
> I'm in Science Park, and commuting from the centre of town (Crowne Plaza).
> I guess I'm looking in Histon and the like, up north.

Maybe, Histon, Cottingham etc. are where nearly all the people on the
Science Park live. The traffic on
the A10 from the north can be a pig in the morning. The traffic from Histon
is easier. A lot depends on
the time of day. I work on the Science Park, and it takes me 20mins from
Foxton, down south.

> > > That should be doable.  My father lives in Meldreth, about 15 miles SW
> > > of Cambridge IIRC, and before he bought his house, it was getting 550
> > > per month rent.
> >
> > Small world - I live about two villages closer to Cambridge than
Meldreth.

> We need to meet for a drink sometime :-). I'd like get together with
> the Cambridge crowd again.

Are you in town today? I'm probably in town this evening if you fancy a
swift pint.

Duncan Barclay  | God smiles upon the little children,
dmlb@dmlb.org   | the alcoholics, and the permanently stoned.
dmlb@freebsd.org| Steven King