Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 1997 10:06:13 -0600
From:      Bruce Albrecht <Bruce.Albrecht@seag.fingerhut.com>
To:        "Lee Crites (AEI)" <leec@adam.adonai.net>
Cc:        Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Users with no shells

Lee Crites (AEI) writes:
 > =>You might want to read a bit about securing your system before running
 > =>off down this path.  I recommend Rik Farrow's book, as well as the
 > =>Simpson and Garfinkle book, as a minimum.  Securing your system is

No idea about Rik Farrow, but I'm pretty sure the latter is Simson Garfield &
Gene Spafford's "Practical Unix & Internet Security", ISBN 1-56592-148-8,
published by O'Reilly & Associates.  O'Reilly also publishes "Computer
Security Basics", ISBN  0-937175-71-4, by Deborah Russell & G.T. Gangemi Sr.
The latter book is not particularly Unix (or any other OS) specific, and
covers things like the DOD Orange Book.