Date:      Thu, 3 May 2001 17:17:07 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        rexluo@synology.com (Rex Luo)
Cc:        fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Re: faster ufs?

> Dear,
>
>  How can I mount root with softupdate options? Because I must
>  tunefs -n enable /dev/xxx before mount the device, where can I do the same
>  thing automatically?

Boot single usesr; root will be mounted read-only.

If your root is mounted read/write, you can force it read-only
with:

	mount -u -o ro /

Note that this will break a lot of things (including /tmp, if
int's not a seperate FS), so don't do this on a fully running
system.

You can then tunefs -n normally.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org